[pyngl-talk] Possible to plot on map without filling polygons ?

Xiaoni Wang xiaoni.wang at obspm.fr
Mon Nov 6 06:17:28 MST 2017

Hi Dear Mary,
     Thank you for your explanation. (Excuse me for my late response).

     I have another question. I have some 1D data irregularly distributed over a region. I would like to plot these data on a 2D map, without gridding, without filling polygons or triangles. I just would like to show data in different colors (given different values) at their lat/lon locations.
     For your information, it is over a small region (3 by 3 degree for the latitude/longitude range), and number of data is not enormous over the region. I tried contour_map with resources.cnFillOn=True, resources.cnFillMode=RasterFill;  and it works. But it used TriangularMesh. If I set resources.cnFillOn=False, then it  produces no points or color on the map. If you have any suggestion, then I would appreciate !

      PS: If there is no way to display as I wished, then I would like just to add the data locations on the contour_map. Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards

Xiaoni