[pyngl-talk] Possible to plot on map without filling polygons ?

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 6 14:18:29 MST 2017

Xiaoni,

I would recommend using Ngl.add_polymarker instead of trying to contour the
data.

You can group the markers by whatever criteria you choose, and then draw
this set of markers all at once setting the color via gsMarkerColor.  You
can change what type of marker is drawn by using gsMarkerIndex.

We don't have many PyNGL examples of this yet, but you can see some NCL
examples which are similar.  Go to:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/polyg.shtml

and look at examples polyg_8.ncl, polyg_8_lbar.ncl

I've attached an example, along with its data file, to show the difference
between smoothed contours, raster contours, and drawing markers.

--Mary