[pyngl-talk] missing shared library for PyNIO

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 8 17:06:28 MST 2017

Hi Marcia,

The conda-forge automated build system is currently having issues building a new version of PyNGL, although PyNIO was successfully rebuilt yesterday. The problem now is that certain packages that both PyNIO and PyNGL depend on have been updated.

I have tried to create an environment containing both PyNIO and PyNGL using older dependencies, but I have not been able to find a working combination of dependencies (although I am certain one exists).

PyNIO is currently working if you do not also install PyNGL, and I have been working with conda-forge to get the new version of PyNGL released as soon as possible.

If you still have access to the conda environment that worked for you several weeks ago, you could try the following (an example from “conda list --help”):
Save packages for future use:

    conda list --export > package-list.txt

Reinstall packages from an export file:

    conda create -n myenv --file package-list.txt

I have no experience using “conda list” and “conda create” like this, but it might allow you to duplicate the environment you had before.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience, hopefully we’ll have PyNGL working again shortly.

Kevin