[Nsa] Blue Ribbon Panel: Reception RSVP

James Hurrell jhurrell at ucar.edu
Fri May 2 15:51:10 MDT 2014

Dear Colleagues,

As I discussed in the 18 April Town Hall, it is prudent to strategically
plan for the future of NCAR in order to ensure it remains a center of
excellence with a balanced portfolio of research, community facilities
and service. Over the next year we will have internal discussions around
this issue, as well as with the NSF, university and community leaders.
As one part of that proactive process, I have assembled an ad hoc "Blue
Ribbon" Advisory Panel of distinguished members of our community. This
panel will be meeting with the NCAR Executive Committee on 19-20 May.

The panel members are:

Mark Abbott (Oregon State)
Kelvin Droegemeier (Univ. Oklahoma)
Kerry Emanuel (MIT) - Chair
Inez Fung (UC Berkeley)
Bill Hooke (AMS)
Jim Kinter (George Mason Univ., COLA)
V. Ramanathan (Scripps, UC San Diego)
Thomas Zurbuchen (U. Michigan)

A number of you asked after the Town Hall whether there might be an
opportunity to interact with the panel during their visit. Therefore I
am very pleased to invite you to a reception to meet informally with the
panel over a glass of wine and appetizers on Monday 19 May at 5pm in the
Damon Room at the Mesa Lab. To help with planning, I ask that you RSVP
to Susan Chavez (chavez at ucar.edu <mailto:chavez at ucar.edu>) by no later
than 7 May if you are able to attend.

I and the panel look forward to seeing many of you there.

Best regards,

Jim

James W. Hurrell                    Phone: +1-303-497-1111
NCAR Director                       Fax:   +1-303-497-1194
P. O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO 80307-3000
email: jhurrell at ucar.edu
web: http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/staff/jhurrell/

Overnight Delivery: 3090 Center Green Dr. Boulder, CO 80301