[ncl-talk] ESMF

Gurer, Kemal@ARB kemal.gurer at arb.ca.gov
Mon May 20 08:45:46 MDT 2019

Dear ncl community,

I can regrid unstructured MPAS output that has nearly 800,000 nCells and 55 vertical levels to a 0.1 degree resolution rectangular grid using ESMF, but cannot regrid the data for any higher resolution than 0.1 degree such as 0.05 degree. Source and destination netcdf files are written but weights file is not generated with "ESMF_RegridWeightGenFile" error. I attached the ncl script that I use for regridding as well as PET0.*.log file and error output dumped to the screen to this email. I am running the script on Centos Linux 6.2 with 128 Gb of RAM. I am using ncl 6.4.0. What is the highest resolution that I can regrid this data set to? Thank you for any information that you can give.

Kemal.