[ncl-talk] same data can get different dots when they are plotted in top or bottom

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Mon May 6 15:40:28 MDT 2019

HI Tao,

Apologies for the delay in response. I started to look into this, but do
not have an answer and I got busy elsewhere. I still don't have an answer,
nor more importantly a fix or work-around. I speculate it has to do with
where and how the stipple pattern is mapped to the page, and that slightly
adjusting the positioning of the maps would reveal other differences.

You might consider using a solid-fill color that is very nearly
transparent, rather that a stipple pattern.

Hope that helps...
Rick