[ncl-talk] Avoiding overwritten gsnCenterString

S Br sbr.climate at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 13:57:34 MDT 2019

Dear Dennis,
Is there any alternate solution to avoid this overwriting. Do I need to set
new resources for each overlay plot?
I have tried defining 'gsnCentreString' like below but in this case, the
resources written for plot(1) is also overwriting.

    res at xyLineColors        = (/"green4"/) ; Line colours (white-to
invisible the markov line)
   plot(2) = gsn_csm_xy(wks, p11, spec1 at spcx, res)
   res at xyLineColors        = (/"red"/) ; Line colours (white-to invisible
the markov line)
   plot2 = gsn_csm_xy(wks, p21, spec2 at spcx, res)

   res at gsnCenterString     = "AMOnr PI"         ; change Center string
   res at gsnLeftString       = "(b)"         ; change Left string
   res at gsnStringFontHeightF = 0.010
   res at xyLineColors        = (/"blue"/) ; Line colours (white-to invisible
the markov line)
   plot3 = gsn_csm_xy(wks, p31, spec3 at spcx, res)

   overlay(plot(2),plot2)
   overlay(plot(2),plot3)