[ncl-talk] A comment on an error message

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Mon Jun 17 23:18:27 MDT 2019

Barry,

This is the variable on the left hand side:
 number of dimensions of variable: (3)

This is the expression on the right hand side:
Subscripts used: (4)

The only other information presented is possibly the line number within
your script.  You need to examine the assignment statement on the indicated
line number.

To coax out more information, you can assign your expression to an
undefined dummy variable, then printVarSummary on the dummy variable.

--Dave