[ncl-talk] attempting to get grid point counts

Herb, Jason jherb at albany.edu
Fri Jun 14 12:48:10 MDT 2019

Hello,

I am working with the MCD19A2 aerosol data. To get an idea as to the overall coverage extent and quantity of measurements for each 1x1km grid box, I am attempting to make all measured data to be " 1 " and then add with each orbit pass in the file (Ex. the location being studied has a max of 6 passes for a day.) Assuming the full number of passes over the studied area and say fully clear skies to give no missing data when I map the replaced 1 into each grid point and sum the data points the map should show a uniform map of 6.
That being said how can I replace any of the AOD data that falls in to the range of 0.00-1.00 to become 1 and sum up for from the array data?

Thanks,

Jason