[ncl-talk] To split nc file based on timestamp

Karl-Hermann Wieners karl-hermann.wieners at mpimet.mpg.de
Wed Jul 10 02:20:41 MDT 2019

Dear Tripura,

As a first hint, you might want to take a look at the output of
  cdo --operators
to find the command that you need. To get further information, use
  cdo -h command_you_need

As another hint, maybe you want to apply the command to the original
file - before splitting into timestep files - so you do not have to run
the same command on each file separately.

Third, if your data contains missing values, take a look at the cdo
documentation at
https://code.mpimet.mpg.de/projects/cdo/embedded/index.html#x1-310001.7,
especially the subsection on 'Mean and average"

Best,
Karl

--
Karl-Hermann Wieners