[ncl-talk] NCL question [cannot create child process]

lslrsgis at whu.edu.cn lslrsgis at whu.edu.cn
Wed Feb 27 16:50:16 MST 2019

 Hi, everyone

I am writing for a NCL question. When I executed a .ncl script (Ubuntu at PC) to extract monthly/daily records from WRF outputs, the program stopped after processing two month data. Information prompted out as bellow:

fatal:systemfunc: cannot create child process:[errno=12]
fatal:["Execute.c":8637]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 75 in file wrfout_postprocess_tzadjust.ncl

It seems be memory-out based on online search and ncl-talk achieves. While I have already released the memory using “delete” within each loop. What can I do?

Any indications? Thanks in advance.

Liang

P.S. The script and log file are attached.

The cmd within .ncl is written to list all wrfout files within one month.
ls wrfout_d01_2015-01*
ls wrfout_d01_2015-02*
ls wrfout_d01_2015-03*