[ncl-talk] ps figure can not work

朱学明 557xiaozhu at 163.com
Thu Aug 29 20:28:19 MDT 2019

Dear all,

       I am trying to use NCL V6.5.0 on the computer nodes of our super-computer. It can work when I set the figure type as "png" or "pdf". But it can not work with "ps". It can output a zero size file named "aaa.ps", and without any error message. However, the same script can work well on the login node with any figure type, "ps", "png", "pdf".
       Initially, it also can work well with "ps" type on the computer node in May. It is side that the super-computer administrator had upgraded the kernel of Linux system in June.

       Anybody can give me any suggestion how to fix my problem? Or which software maybe changed when upgrading the Linux system, then affecting the generation of the figure of "ps" type?

      Thanks and regards.

2019-08-30

Xueming Zhu 朱学明
Key Laboratory of Research on Marine Hazards Forecasting (LoMF), SOA
National Marine Environmental Forecasting Center (NMEFC)
No.8, Dahuisi Road, Haidian District, Beijing, 100081
People's Republic of China
Tel:+86-10-82481923