[ncl-talk] wind and emission flux on the same plot

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 26 11:24:09 MDT 2019

Hi Setareh,
Rick is correct that you should remove the gsn_panel call, as gsn_panel is
not needed if you are creating a single plot. You will also need to add
res at gsnDraw = False and res at gsnFrame =  False to your first res resource
list, as you do not want to draw the plot nor advance the frame until you
have added the wind vector overlay to the original plot. Those changes
should fix the issue you are having.
Adam

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 11:17 AM Setareh Rahimi via ncl-talk <
ncl-talk at ucar.edu> wrote:

> Dear Rick,
> I did your suggestion, but nothing changed.
> Thank you
>
> On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 8:14 PM Rick Brownrigg <brownrig at ucar.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm a little confused about the call the gsn_panel() to draw a "panel"
>> plot of the emflx variable in a 1x1 panel, and then the subsequent call to
>> overlay() overlaying the wind speed on top of emflx.  You might try
>> removing the call the gsn_panel().
>>
>> Rick
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 9:21 AM Setareh Rahimi via ncl-talk <
>> ncl-talk at ucar.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>> I need to plot my desirable varible called "emflx", and wind direction (
>>> wind at 10m)  on one plot. Once I run the script, it just plot the wind
>>> direction, not 'emflx' . Would you please kindy advise me in this regards.
>>> data and  the script, attached.
>>> Many thanks in advanc,
>>> Best wishes,
>>>  Haboob-May-28-first_ATM.2018052400.nc
>>> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/11LHXIs8w-nI--3cLwgGs9ulREVuBwX7h/view?usp=drive_web>
>>>  Haboob-May-28-first_DUST04.2018052400.nc
>>> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ICE51X0dN-tM4ffBwk6vo-uBUDR_ASLd/view?usp=drive_web>
>>>  wind.ncl
>>> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1grYpZhKNcr1Flt0wF2xNJVbUK9b1dK2b/view?usp=drive_web>
>>>

>>> --