[ncl-talk] Anomaly correlation

Toni Klemm toni-klemm at tamu.edu
Wed Aug 21 15:53:23 MDT 2019

Hello NCL community!

I’d like to do an anomaly correlation of annual (1950-2005) precipitation and temperature departures from normal between PRISM observations and downscaled GCMs for the U.S. Great Plains, but I’m not sure which of the NCL correlation functions (https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/corel.shtml <https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/corel.shtml>) would be the best to use. My guess is corel_3.ncl based on their resulting map, which is what I'm looking for, too, but I’m not familiar with some of the terminology, like centered/uncentered pattern correlation or cross correlation. Can anyone help? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,
Toni

Toni Klemm, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Department of Ecosystem Science and Management
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
www.toni-klemm.de <http://www.toni-klemm.de/> | @toniklemm <http://www.twitter.com/toniklemm>
Editorial Board member, Early Career Climate Forum <http://www.eccforum.org/>