[ncl-talk] Is the eady_growth_rate function description correct?

Rohit Ghosh ghosh.met at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 06:47:13 MDT 2019

Hello,

I am going to use the eady_growth_rate function from ncl. In the
description of the function I find the gravitation term (g) is multiplied
while calculating the Eady growth rate. Unfortunately, I could not find g
multiplied in any references of Eady growth rate. Moreover, multiplication
of g would not give the units of Eady growth rate (1/s). Could you please
confirm that if it is a typo error or this multiplication is really done
inside the script? That would be very helpful.

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/eady_growth_rate.shtml

Thank you very much.

Look forward to your response.

Regards,