[ncl-talk] Area averaged precipitation

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Mon Aug 19 09:16:08 MDT 2019

Does your shapefile of India include state outlines?  If so, use the
shapefile_mask_data function to precisely select the grid points for
Kerala.  You can select Kerala by name.  If state outlines are not
included, then you should be able to find a shapefile for Kerala on line.

See documentation at the top of the shapefiles example page, also example
shapefiles_4 in particular.  You will need to load the file
shapefile_utils.ncl.  Specific documentation for the shapefile_mask_data
function can be found inside shapefile_utils.ncl.