[ncl-talk] NCL dynamic memory allocation error

Burakowski, Elizabeth Elizabeth.Burakowski at unh.edu
Sat Aug 10 07:49:01 MDT 2019

Hello,

I keep getting an error while trying to run an NCL script on casper (execdav):

fatal:MapV41DHInitialize: dynamic memory allocation error:[errno=12]
fatal:MapV41DHInitialize: error initializing map outline records
 ERROR    2 IN MPLNRI/MDLNRI - Can't open the ".names" file
fatal:MapSetTrans: error initializing map: MAPINT - UNCLEARED PRIOR ERROR
warning:["SetValues.c":474]:SetValuesChild never occurred on map.PlotManager: Error in mapPlotClass
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

It is a rather memory intensive script (500 m MODIS data), but the ".names" file error 2 is throwing me off.  I've successfully plotted other MODIS data using a similar script, so I'm not sure whats different about this one.

Script is located here:
/glade/u/home/burakows/work/plot/NCL/MODIS_VernalWindow/plotMOD10A1_Year.ncl

Thank you,

liz.

Dr. Elizabeth A Burakowski
She/Her/Hers
Research Assistant Professor
Earth Systems Research Center &
Institute for the Study of Earth, Oceans, and Space
University of New Hampshire
8 College Road Durham, NH 03824
603-862-1796
elizabeth.burakowski at unh.edu