[ncl-talk] shapefile problem

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 6 07:00:26 MDT 2019

Hi,

Its unfortunate that the term "shapefile" gets used, because a shapefile is
actually a collection of 3 to 6 files that go hand-in-hand. Minimally,
there must be 3 files with the same base name and ".shp", ".shx", and
".dbf" suffixes. I suspect you are missing the last two, and the error
messages suggest as much (e.g., the reference to the  .SHX file). As just
FYI, th eother files that may be present in the collection will contain
other metadata, such as the cartographic projection, etc.

Hope that helps...
Rick