[ncl-talk] How to change the longitude

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 5 10:53:09 MDT 2019

Hi Ana,
Try using lonPivot to alter your longitudes to run from -30:330.:
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/lonPivot.shtml

If you truly want to go from -30E:360 you will have to alter your input
data array to run from over the same set of longitudes.
If you have any further questions let ncl-talk know.
Adam

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 8:27 AM Anahita Amiri Farahani via ncl-talk <
ncl-talk at ucar.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to change the longitude axis for the attached plot, because
> both Atlantic and Pacific Oceans are important for example instead of
> starting from zero I would prefer to start from 60E and another possibility
> is longitude goes from -30 to 360. how can I do that, this is my script:
>

> wks   = gsn_open_wks ("eps", "omega_response")        ; send graphics to
> PNG file
>  gsn_define_colormap(wks,"BlRe")
>  res                 = True                    ; plot mods desired
>  res at tiMainString    = "Omega Response"        ; title
>   res at gsnDraw   = False                             ; don't draw yet
>   res at gsnFrame  = False                             ; don't advance yet
>   res at cnLevelSpacingF = 2.                      ; contour interval
>
> res at trYMinF     = 100;0 ; set minimum Y-axis value
> res at trYMaxF     =  1000;12250;1200 ; set maximum Y-axis value
>
> res at cnLevelSelectionMode =  "ManualLevels"   ; AutomaticLevels
>   res at cnMinLevelValF       = -0.05              ; min level
>   res at cnMaxLevelValF       =  0.05             ; max level
>   res at cnLevelSpacingF      =  0.005                ; interval
>
>  res at cnLinesOn       = False                   ; turn off contour lines
>  res at cnLineLabelsOn  = False                   ; tuen off line labels
>
>  res at cnFillOn        = True                    ; turn on color
>  res at trYReverse = True                     ; reverse Y-axis
>  res at gsnContourZeroLineThicknessF = 2.       ; doubles thickness of zero
> contour
>
> plot = gsn_csm_hov(wks, fine1, res)
>

> Thanks,
> Ana