[ncl-talk] 3 dimensions to 2 dimensions

Md. Jalal Uddin dmjalal90 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 20:41:57 MDT 2019

Hi Rick,
Now, I am getting the following errors (Highlight in red color).

  f = addfile("bob_vscs.nc","r")
  time =f->time
  lat =f->latitude
  lon =f->longitude
  ntim = dimsizes(time)
  nlat = dimsizes(lat)
  nlon = dimsizes(lon)
  TRMM = f->pcp(:,{0:30},{75:100})        ;TRMM(time, latitude, longitude)

  Rain =new((/nlat,nlon/),"float")

    do nl=0,nlat-1
     do ml=0,nlon-1
do nt=0,ntim-1
Rain(nl,ml) = TRMM(nt-1,nl,ml)  ; Subscript out of range, error in
subscript #0
end do
end do
    end do
  copy_VarMeta(TRMM(0,:,:),Rain)    ; fatal:Coordinate variables must be
the same dimension as their dimension    fatal:No coordinate variable
exists for dimension (longitude) in variable (var_to)

Variable: TRMM
Type: float
Total Size: 18720000 bytes
            4680000 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes:   [time | 390] x [latitude | 120] x [longitude | 100]
Coordinates:
            time: [   0..119208]
            latitude: [0.125..29.875]
            longitude: [75.125..99.875]