[ncl-talk] Help in using betainc function

Dr. Alvarinho J. Luis alvluis1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 23:45:11 MDT 2019

 Dear all,

  I am struggling on how to use* betainc *function to compute significance
(or  probability) at p<0.05 (95% probability) using three dimensional
variable:  I have sea ice concentration fields for 23 years .  I would like
to compute the significance of the sea ice concentration trend using
betainc...

for df=23-2=21
student t statistic at 95% with two tailed test= 2.069

prob = (1.-*betainc*(x,a,b))*100.

what is x, a and b ?

how to obtain 95% probability ?
I am struggling to implement this function for three dimensional (x,y,t)
fields
Please help.

Thanks & regards,
Luis