[ncl-talk] Contour fill doesn't work...

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 25 12:00:45 MDT 2019

Huh???

Using the original and Barry's suggestion [fixed typo] you get the attached.

There are many more example here ... Please examine carefully.
*http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/HiResPrc.shtml*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/HiResPrc.shtml>

==========================
  in1 = addfile("precip.gpcp.mon.mean.nc","r")
  ann1=in1->precip(0,:,:)
  printVarSummary(ann1)
  printMinMax(ann1,0)
;************************************
;create plot
;************************************
  wks = gsn_open_wks("png","test")             ; send graphics to PNG file
  res                     = True
  res at cnFillOn            = True             ; turn on color
  plot = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks,ann1,res)

; Barry :ynn's suggestion

  res at cnLevelSelectionMode = "ExplicitLevels"
  res at cnLevels             = (/ 1,5, 10., 15. \
                              , 20, 30,40,50,60/)

  res at cnFillColors         =
(/"White","White","AntiqueWhite","AntiqueWhite3", \
                                    "chartreuse", \
                                    "chartreuse3","ForestGreen", \

"Yellow","Orange","Red","HotPink3","HotPink1","HotPink","Violet"/)