[ncl-talk] Subset Returning Wrong Values

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 22 09:57:51 MDT 2019

Hi Zach,

Not totally sure what's going on here.  With regard to the Dec 2000, when I
open your file, I see that the range Jan1-Mar31 2001 is (8192:8218). Try
printing those values and your original indices to verify.  As for the
string of 5's, I'm getting 2s.

In any case, I get a string of about a dozen warning messages out of these
two lines:

   time2int = stringtointeger(time2)
    prec2int = stringtointeger(prec2)

Your file has a header line, so this likely should be something like:
   time2int = stringtointeger(time2(1:))
    prec2int = stringtointeger(prec2(1:))

prec2 is a float field -- is the truncation to integer intended?  Also,
time2 is a yyyy-mm-dd-0000z field, and is getting truncated to just the
year -- is this intended too?  If not perhaps take a look at the various
time/string/calendar functions at the following link to see if there's
something that better suits your requirements:

    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/date.shtml

I hope that helps...
Rick