[ncl-talk] Daily averages from 6 hourly data

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 18 21:55:02 MDT 2019

This is a subtle error which I can not seem to isolate. The issue is tha

dimensions:
        lon = 192 ;
        lat = 94 ;
        *level = 1* ;
        time = UNLIMITED ; // (1460 currently)
variables:

        short uwnd(time, *level, *lat, lon) ;

===
It works fine on variable with multiple level.
I speculate that NCL's dimension reduction that leads to the error.
===

Fortunately, there is a work-around:

Change:
   uwnd_practice  = short2flt(fil1->uwnd)              ; [time | 1460]
x *[level
| 1]* x [lat | 94] x [lon | 192]
   uwnd_practice  = short2flt(fil1->uwnd*(:,0,:,:))   *; [time | 1460] x
[lat | 94] x [lon | 192]

The result will be:

   uwnd_daily:       [time | 365] x [lat | 94] x [lon | 192]