[ncl-talk] wrf_ functions not necessarily WRF-specific?

Jim Means jim at weatherextreme.com
Thu Apr 18 12:39:06 MDT 2019

Hi NCL talk,

I always assumed that the NCL functions that began wrf_  were only
usable with WRF.  However, while researching how to compute convective
inhibition (CIN) from RAP fields I came to the conclusion that those
functions are NOT necessarily WRF-specific, and that it might be
possible for me to use wrf_cape3d to calculate CIN from the RAP model.

Do other people agree with this? And is this true about a lot of the
wrf_ functions in NCL?

Thanks,

Jim

--