[ncl-talk] SPI/SPI DROUGHT CLASSIFICATION

Md. Jalal Uddin dmjalal90 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 19:39:26 MDT 2019

You can look at two functions that might help you.
count_unique_values
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/count_unique_values.shtml

where
 https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/where.shtml

Good luck!

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 2:35 AM Oluwaseun Ilori <wilseun at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good day,
> Please I need help to perform drought classification base on McKee et.,
> 1993. I'm having SPI.nc file that contain 3, 6, and 12months time scales
> for the period of 90 years (2011-2100). I want to use spi < - 1.0 to
> determine drought frequency for the first 30 years, second 30 years and the
> third 30 years and save it as nc file. I've been looking for any function
> that I could use to perform this task but none yet. Pleas could someone put
> me through cos I'm not so good in this but I love the output of ncl.
> Thanks in advance

*Md. Jalal Uddin*
MSc in Applied Meteorology (English Language)
Nanjing University of Information, Science and Technology, China
B.Sc. in Disaster Management (Hons.)
Patuakhali Science and Technology University, Bangladesh.
Cell: +8613260859092, +8801792052662
Web: www.dmjalal90.weebly.com
Facebook: jalal.hossen.39
LinkedIn: https://bd.linkedin.com/in/md-jalal-uddin-80a026b0