[ncl-talk] weird color shown in plots

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 8 19:10:06 MDT 2019

Hi Ming,

This is very strange. I see the differences in color that you refer to, but
I downloaded the ncl script from your directory and I get the same colors
as shown on the web site. I see that there's no attempt in the script to
modify the colormap, so it should be the default colormap (
http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/ColorTables/ncl_default.shtml),
However your plots have a few colors that are not part of that default map
(??)

How are you enabling NCL in cheyenne, and what does "echo $NCARG_ROOT"
report?

Rick