[ncl-talk] polyg_29.ncl

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Tue Apr 2 10:55:14 MDT 2019

Hi Jalal,
Ah, I forgot about one thing: You have 3 color filled fields that you'd
like to overlay, and if you overlay plot 3 over plot 1 all you will see is
plot 3. As you are coloring all values below a value of 1 white, I would
suggest setting all values less than 1 to @_FillValue:
PRC = where(PRC.lt.1,PRC at _FillValue,PRC)
Grid cells set to _FillValue are not color filled, so you will be able to
see multiple plots overlaid on one another. However, note that if two or
more of your arrays have values above 1 at the exact same grid point, you
will only see the latest plot to be overlaid. You can always try setting
semi-transparent colors as is shown in the RGBA section here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/rgbacolor.shtml , but assuming you
have three distinct areas you should not need to worry about transparency.

Hope that helps!
Adam

--
Adam Phillips