[ncl-talk] Time Vs Lat/Lon

Kunal Bali kunal.bali9 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 12:01:16 MDT 2018

Thanks for this informations.

I tried to get min mad max by using the link which you mentioned, but the
error comes with fatal:Argument type mismatch on argument (0) of (maxind)
can not coerce

I also tried the code given below but facing the same error here.
(version-NCL 6.4.0)

dims = *dimsizes*
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/dimsizes.shtml>(X)
  x1d = *ndtooned*
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/ndtooned.shtml>(X)
     ; convert 2D array to 1D for use in maxind
  inds = *ind_resolve*
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/ind_resolve.shtml>(*maxind*
(x1d), dims)    ; convert 1D array back to 2D
  ilat = inds(0,0)        ; select the latitude index where the X
array is at its' maximum
  ilon = inds(0,1)        ; select the longitude index where the X
array is at its' maximum
  lat_max = X&lat(ilat)   ; insert the latitude index into the lat
coordinate variable
  lon_max = X&lon(ilon)   ; insert the longitude index into the lon
coordinate variable
  *print* <https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/print.shtml>("Maximum
value located at "+lat_max+", "+lon_max)

I also attached one sample file, in case if you need it.

---
Kunal Bali