[ncl-talk] Loops: CALIPSO backscatter plot

Srishti Dasarathy srdasara at ucsd.edu
Wed Oct 17 15:59:32 MDT 2018

Dear NCL-Talk,

I want to construct a loop in which I am able to access a directory of hdf
files to construct a total backscatter coefficient plot. I've been able to
construct the plot with a single hdf file (text file attached), but I'm
unsure how to proceed.

The main challenge to me is that I've been able to extract all necessary
altitude text files into a separate directory, since I was not able to
access the altitude values straight from the hdf file within NCL itself.
Because of this, my understanding is that the altitude text files should be
simultaneously looped through as my hdf files are being looped through in
order to construct the backscatter plot. Can you please help me with this?

Best wishes,
Srishti
--
Srishti Dasarathy