[ncl-talk] Error with natgrid

Mario Rossi yashi4891 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 16 14:37:31 MDT 2018

Hi all,

this if my first post and i'm quit new to ncl.
I'm trying to plot weather station data of my network (about 95 weather stations).
I started with this example https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/station.shtml using my data (a .dat file with 4 coulumn: id,lat,lon,temperature).

I correclty plot the data and i can see the map but i still have some concerne that i do not catch very well:

-How can i "fill" the map with data till the coastline, or in general, fill an entire region of a country? (attached image)

Once i will understand how to fix the point above,i would like to make a further step, interpolating the data using natgrid, so i started from the code used above and modified it but i have the following error:

(0)     check_for_lon_coord: Warning: Data either does not contain
(0)     a valid longitude coordinate array or doesn't contain one at all.
(0)     A valid longitude coordinate array should have a 'units'
(0)     attribute equal to one of the following values:
(0)         'degrees_east' 'degrees-east' 'degree_east' 'degrees east' 'degrees_E' 'Degrees_east' 'degree_E' 'degreeE' 'de
greesE' 'deg east'

Attached you will find the code that return this error containing the interpolation code with natgrid (test.ncl)

Any help will be very appreciated.
Thank you guys!