[ncl-talk] rho_mwjf (potential density function)

Amarjiit Vikkas Pandde amarjiitpandde at email.arizona.edu
Thu Oct 11 13:17:07 MDT 2018

Dear NCL users,

I am trying to calculate the potential density of the ocean at a specific
latitude and divide the cross-section of the ocean at that latitude into
different layers based on potential densities at the surface, 2000m deep
and 4000m deep.
I have temperature variable (with dimensions depth and longitude / rlon)
and same for salinity.
can I use the function rho_mwjf for this purpose? as I read in its
documentation that it needs variables which are averaged zonally.

Thanks in advance,
Amarjiit Pandde.