[ncl-talk] NCL installation

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Oct 10 20:39:21 MDT 2018

Ana,

As Dave pointed out, you shouldn't need to set DISPLAY at all. There must
be something fundamentally wrong. How exactly are you trying to run the
"ng4ex" command? For example, are you opening a Terminal window and then
typing the "ng4ex" command from that window?

What happens if you run other X11 programs like "xeyes" or "xclock"?

What version of MacOS do you have? If you don't know, then you can open a
Terminal window and type this:

sw_vers -productVersion

>From the same window, please type the following and let us know what it
says:

echo $SHELL
echo $DISPLAY

Also, when you run XQuartz, what version does it say you have? You can get
this information by running "xquartz", and then clicking on "XQuartz" in
the upper left window and then "About X11".

Sorry about all the questions. It helps us to debug what might be going on.