[ncl-talk] problem reading grib2 file (ncl v6.5.0)

Athanasios Karagiannidis thankar at live.com
Tue Oct 9 01:58:12 MDT 2018

Dear Rick

Thanx for your immediate reply. I opened the file with the 6.0.0 version, but failed with the 6.5.0 version. I have to state though, that they are installed in different Linux machines.
There should be a problem with Linux machine that hosts the 6.5.0 version, since other weird errors came up also (like segmentation faults when reading a file!). It seems that I should talk to my system admin...
I also thank you for the conversion to NetCDF. However, I should be able to read the grib files, as I have to do that on a daily basis.

Sakis

Athanasios F. Karagiannidis
Physicist, PhD Meteorology and Climatology