[ncl-talk] Regression

Morteza Qadimi mqadimi at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 5 07:23:09 MDT 2018

Hi;
I need to regress tropical Pacific SST with Nino 4 region SST and then substract it from original SST of tropical Pacific. But original SSTA data are 3D (time*lat*lon) and the regressed SST anomaly array is 4D. I can’t find out what is the problem. I’ve given some info about what I’ve done.

SSTA_Tropical_Pacific (468*11*86)
SSTA_Nino4_Region (468*6*6)
RC  = regCoef_n(SSTA_Tropical_Pacific, SSTA_Nino4_Region, 0,0)
printVarSummary (RC)

output ----------------------→
Variable: RC12
Type: float
Total Size: 136224 bytes
            34056 values
Number of Dimensions: 4
Dimensions and sizes:   [11] x [86] x [6] x [6]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 5
  _FillValue :  -9.96921e+36
  nptxy :       <ARRAY of 34056 elements>