[ncl-talk] Warning sign while reading binary file

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Thu Oct 4 14:26:57 MDT 2018

So the requested read size is 2 x 760 x1140 * sizeof(float) = 8294400 bytes
-- so that part of the error message checks out.

However, I down loaded one of the files, and it was 16588800 bytes --
exactly twice the number of bytes read. Perhaps there are actually 4 time
slices in the file (or whatever the leftmost dimension is). It would make
sense that you get the correct plot, because the rightmost dimensions would
vary the fastest as one stepped through the file.

Rick