[ncl-talk] non-monotonic array plot

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Oct 4 12:32:41 MDT 2018

Elham,

You must provide more information if you want people to help you. Just
providing the error message without any code or information about the
variable makes it hard for us to tell you what the solution is.

It helps to try to understand the error message.  It is telling you that
the coordinates specified for the X axis are non monotonic. To debug this,
I would first check to make sure you're using the correct array for the X
axis, and I would also print out the values to see what they look like.

It helps if you can provide the code and even better if you can include the
data so we can try your code ourselves.

Also, if you could do a "printVarSummary" of the variable that you are
trying to plot and how you are trying to plot it (i.e. using
gsn_csm_contour or gsn_csm_contour_map) is helpful.

--Mary