[ncl-talk] Plot vpt-rh

Gurer, Kemal@ARB kemal.gurer at arb.ca.gov
Mon Oct 1 09:38:47 MDT 2018

Berry,

I looked at what modifications you made from the script that I sent you by comparing the difference between my script and yours. The only differences that I see are the location of files and type of plot that you want. So, your changes in the file is not the cause of the error. The error message that you get states that the problem is taking place on line 217 when you are trying to determine where the cross section should be. At least one of the cross section points in the script apparently is out of your domain so that the script assigns it to zero, which causes division by zero. This error message is aligned with the error that script gives when it tries to execute WRFUserARW.ncl script in lines 179 and 481. What you need to do is to determine where you want the vertical cross section on your modeling domain. I wanted to plot the cross section at specific (x1,y1 <– >x2,y2) anchor points, so I set it to those values on lines 203-205. You need to change those values to the location of the cross section that you want on your modeling domain. The simplest way is to choose the middle of the domain. If so, then comment lines 202-205 and uncomment lines 190 and 191. Then you will get your vertical cross section in the middle of modeling domain.

Kemal.