[ncl-talk] DJFM season average

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Nov 29 07:55:28 MST 2018

I think it is best that you print out the values

You have:

   y = runave_n_Wrap(st,4,0,0)
   sdjfm =y(0::12,:,:)

I suggest you print the values at some location

    LAT = ...
    LON = ...

     y = *runave_n_Wrap*(st,4,0,0)

     *print*(st&time+"  "+st(:,{LAT},{LON})+"  "+y(:,{LAT},{LON}) )

 Since 'runave' prefers an odd running average [eg: 3, 5, 101] to avoid
index ambiguity, you can manually verify the calculated values *and *the
index to which
the average is assigned.

Then when you do the

  sdjfm =y(...)
  *printVarSummary*(sdjfm)

*print*(sdjfm&time+"  "+sdjfm(:,{LAT},{LON}))

You can feel confident in your result