[ncl-talk] SPI calculation

Soma Roy somaroy892 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 22:37:03 MST 2018

Hello Mary,

I am using the attached script. Modified it as per your hints. But getting
some errors at run time.

printVarSummary of the data is as follows;
Variable: prc
Type: double
Total Size: 73560960 bytes
            9195120 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes:   [time | 528] x [lat | 129] x [lon | 135]
Coordinates:
            time: [ 360..1068]
            lat: [ 6.5..38.5]
            lon: [66.5.. 100]
Number Of Attributes: 3
  _FillValue :  -999
  long_name :   GRIDDED RAINFALL
  missing_value :       -999
 : min=0   max=222.9121398925781

I am getting the following errors;
fatal:Dimension sizes of left hand side and right hand side of assignment
do not match
fatal:["Execute.c":8640]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 47 in file
spi_2.ncl

fatal:NclOneDValGetClosestIndex: Non-monotonic coordinate value being used,
can't complete coordinate subscript
fatal:Could not obtain coordinate indexes, unable to perform subscript
fatal:["Execute.c":8640]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 82 in file
spi_2.ncl

Please kindly inform me how to correct it.

Thanking you,
Soma