[ncl-talk] panel_33.ncl

Laura Fowler laura at ucar.edu
Fri Nov 16 14:16:12 MST 2018

Hello:

I am trying to produce a panel plot that looks like panel_33.ncl but
instead of having 2 rows for the actual fields, I have 3 rows, and instead
of having 1 row for the difference fields, I have 2 rows. I have two
issues: The first issue is that I am running out of room on the page to
plot the last 2 rows and I do not know what to do next? The second issue
that the top 3 rows are plotted in a landscape mode although I set:

resP at gsnPaperOrientation = "portrait"

Here is the script that I used after I created my 10 individual plots:

;--- create panel plot:

resP = True

resP at gsnDraw             = False

resP at gsnFrame            = False

resP at gsnPanelLabelBar    = True

resP at gsnPaperOrientation = "portrait"

resP at lbOrientation      = "vertical"

resP at lbLabelFontHeightF = 0.01

;resP at pmLabelBarWidthF  = 0.075

;resP at pmLabelBarHeightF = 0.40

panelid1 = gsn_panel_return(wks,plots(0:5),(/3,2/),resP)

bb = NhlGetBB(panelid1)

top    = max(bb(:,0))

bottom = min(bb(:,1))

height = (top-bottom)/3.

print("--- top    = "+top)

print("--- bottom = "+bottom)

print("--- height = "+height)

print(" ")

;resP at gsnPanelTop   = bottom-0.01    ; lower 1/3 plus some white space

resP at gsnPanelTop    = bottom

resP at gsnPanelBottom = resP at gsnPanelTop - height

print("--- gsnPanelTop = "+resP at gsnPanelTop)

print("--- gsnPanelBot = "+resP at gsnPanelBottom)

;panelid2 = gsn_panel_return(wks,plots(6:9),(/2,2/),resP)

maximize_output(wks,True)

;resP at gsnDraw             = True

;resP at gsnFrame            = False

;gsn_panel(wks,plots(0:5),(/3,2/),resP)

;frame(wks)

When print gsnPanelTop and gsnPanelBottom, I get:

(0) --- end create individual plot:

(0)

(0) --- top    = 0.889811

(0) --- bottom = 0.110189

(0) --- height = 0.259874

(0)

(0) --- gsnPanelTop = 0.110189

(0) --- gsnPanelBot = -0.149686

I am lost as what to do next. Help and suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Laura

--
Laura D. Fowler

Mesoscale and Microscale Meteorology Division (MMM)
P.O. Box 3000, Boulder CO 80307-3000

e-mail: laura at ucar.edu
phone: 303-497-1628