[ncl-talk] custom string labels in time-axis

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Wed Nov 14 15:46:40 MST 2018

Hi Tabish,
My note about setting tmXBValues was made as users who haven't set
tmXBValues before can run into trouble (and not get any labels whatsoever)
if the range of values of tmXBValues does not overlap with the x input to
gsn_csm_xy.

You can set tmXBLabels to whatever you want, but make sure the range of
values specified in tmXBValues is in the range of the 2nd input of
gsn_csm_xy (as it is in the example coding below):
res at tmXBMode = "Explicit"
res at tmXBValues = (/1,25,49,73/)
res at tmXBLabels = (/"Day 1","Day 2","Day 3","Day 4"/)
plot = gsn_csm_xy(wks,ispan(1,97,1),arr,res)

Adam

--
Adam Phillips