[ncl-talk] Few issues plotting vertical cross-sections with terrain mask

Bill Ladwig ladwig at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 5 11:25:21 MST 2018

Hi Nicholas,

One of the problems with that mountain cross section example is that there
is no vertical coordinate information set for the cross section, and this
causes all kinds of problems with the plotting (which is why it's so
hacky). First, try using the new wrf_user_vertcross that's attached (which
will be part of the next NCL release, ported from WRF-Python). Also, when
plotting with this, you should probably avoid the "wrf_" plotting routines,
as those can be difficult to control. Try plotting with the regular
"gsn_csm_" routines instead.

Hope this helps,

Bill