[ncl-talk] irregular (explicit) but equally-spaced axis

Yan-Ting Chen aquarius83523 at gmail.com
Mon May 28 12:19:25 MDT 2018

Hi all,

I want to draw 2 variables in a single scattering plot with irregular
Y-axis. I know there is gsnYAxisIrregular2Log etc. in hand. The problem is,
I want a hybrid linear-logarithmic vertical scale like ypts = (/0., 2.,
10., 30., 100./) with equal space. That is, interval between 0 and 2 is
identical to interval between 30 and 100.

I tried example xy_30.ncl with specified ypts above and get a chart with
somewhat distorted Y axis. I guess it's logarithmic but this is not what I
want. (see attachment.) Is there any way to get an equally-spaced irregular
(say, explicit level) axis?

Sincerely,
Yanting