[ncl-talk] reading grib2 file

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Tue May 1 21:09:35 MDT 2018

I believe this is related to an existing bug ticket:

NCL-2202:  GRIB2 products templates relating to aerosols are not correctly
decoded

Currently, this is targeted for a fix in 6.5.1 not the soon-to-be-released
6.5.0

The description has:

"GRIB2 product templates 40 - 48, which relate to "atmospheric chemical
constituents" and aerosols are imperfectly decoded by NCL. They also
introduce a new criteria for distinguishing between variables that is not
detected. Fixing this will require some work and perhaps a new addition to
the naming scheme."