[ncl-talk] rotate a map

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 22 12:46:08 MDT 2018

Hi Ruben,
I would suggest looking at the satellite map options, as you can easily
rotate the projection around however you'd like.
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/satel.shtml

Specifically, see examples #3 and #4 for two different methods of altering
the projection.
Let ncl-talk know if this suggestion doesn't work for you..
Adam

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 12:31 PM, Ruben van Hooidonk <rubski at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion, but that doesn't seem to do the trick. It does
> not rotate the map but warps it.
>

> On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 12:01 PM, Rick Brownrigg <brownrig at ucar.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't know with certainty, offhand, but have you tried the
>> *mpCenterRotF* resource -- seems like it might do what you need:
>>
>> http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/mp.shtml
>>
>> Hope that helps...
>> Rick
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 9:13 AM, Ruben van Hooidonk <rubski at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I want to plot a variable along a coastline that goes from 25ºN-80ºW to
>>> 46ºN-55ºW. The variable i'm interested in only reaches out ~200km out from
>>> the shore. Is there a way to rotate the map 30 degrees? I'm using
>>> gsn_csm_contour_map_ce
>>>
>>> For an example of what I mean:
>>>
>>> https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/cms/attachment/9e4c0
>>> 890-2841-4608-937e-8bcecd659c64/jgrc20369-fig-0001-m.jpg
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Ruben

Adam Phillips