[ncl-talk] legend

Vattioni Sandro sandro.vattioni at outlook.com
Fri Mar 16 21:15:12 MDT 2018

Dear Madam or Sir

I wnat to draw a legend for my xy-plot in ncl, but the dash patern of the line is very long compared to the text. I tried to make the dash pattern shorter with lgLineDashSegLenF but it did not work. How can I controll the length of the dash pattern using the legendClass?

Kind regards,
Sandro

legend = create "Legend" legendClass wks
   "lgTitleString"            : "Left Hand Side Column: 10~F34~0~F~N-10~F34~0~F~S emission"
   "vpXF"                     : 0.2                  ; orientation on page
   "vpYF"                     : 0.15  ;0.48
   "vpWidthF"                 : 0.1 ;0.3                     ; width
   "vpHeightF"                : 0.12                    ; height
   "lgAutoManage"             : True
   "lgPerimOn"                : False                   ; no perimeter
   "lgItemCount"              : 5                      ; how many
   "lgItemType"               : "Lines"
   "lgLabelStrings"           : (/"Reference run","Continuous aerosol emission","Continuous
   "lgLabelsOn"               : True                    ; no default lables
   "lgLabelOffsetF"           : 0.0
   "lgLineLabelFontHeightF"   : 2.0
   "lgLineDashSegLenF"        : 0.01
   "lgDashIndexes"            : (/0,0,0,0,0/)   ;4
   "lgLineColors"             : (/"black","blue","red","darkviolet","orange"/)

 end create

 draw(legend)