[ncl-talk] How can I mask regions ousider of the interest area using a .shp file

Guido Cioni guidocioni at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 06:12:23 MST 2018

It looks to me that example 11 in this page
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/shapefiles.shtml does exactly what
you want to do, specifically read a shapefile, select an area to mask, save
the mask to a netcdf file and then use this variable to mask the original
data (i advise you to create the netcdf at first otherwise it will take so
much to use the shapefile every time).

Otherwise you have to explain better what you want to do ;-)