[ncl-talk] Ocean water density calculation

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 1 16:55:31 MST 2018

This question is not clear to me.

"I have gotten two different minimum and maximum values for density"

test.ncl has: one ?time? step and one set of data ranges

temp=f0[:]->THETA(7,{0:500},{0:6},{80})
printVarSummary(temp)
temp at _FillValue=1.e20

salt=f1[:]->SALT(7,{0:500},{0:6},{80})
salt at _FillValue=1.e20
printVarSummary(salt)

depth=40
pd=rho_mwjf(temp, salt, depth)

---
n.ncl has ALL [:] ?time? steps and a different set of data ranges

emp=f0[:]->THETA(:,{0:200},{5.5:6},{76:86})
printVarSummary(temp)
temp at _FillValue=1.e20

salt=f1[:]->SALT(:,{0:200},{5.5:6},{76:86})
salt at _FillValue=1.e20
printVarSummary(salt)

====
Are you asking about your array manipulations or abou the
results from the NCL function:
   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/rho_mwjf.shtml

===
Really, looking at the scripts with no information from
'printVarSummary(...)'
would be a time consuming effort

Certainly, making  **one** sample THETA and SALT file available would also
help.

ftp ftp.cgd.ucar.edu
anonymous
your_email