[ncl-talk] Question on regridding PATMOS-x data

Wang Xinyue wang.xinyue.q6 at dc.tohoku.ac.jp
Thu Mar 1 08:56:39 MST 2018

Hi there,

I would like to regrid the original PATMOS-x data (1800,3600), which has 0.1*0.1 resolution, to lower resolution 1*1.
However, after trying several example scripts in Regridding and ESMF Regridding, I still cannot get the result I want, although these command lines seem to work well on other climate datasets like CERES (180,360).

When using ESMF_regrid function (The script is in the attachment), I got the error message like this:

(0)	ESMF_regrid_gen_weights: could not find ESMF_RegridWeightGen executable.

Then I checked with: ls $NCARG_ROOT/bin/ESMF_RegridWeightGen, and found it correctly installed. So what could be causing that error?

When I try the example script regrid_1.ncl <https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/regrid_1.ncl> with  linint2 <https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/linint2.shtml> function in https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/regrid.shtml, there is no error message, but the output data is weird and cannot be plotted.

The version of NCL is 6.4.0, running in Mac OS.

Any one met with the same problem when regridding PATMOS-x data? And how did you solve it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Xinyue